Dr. Robert B. Nay
Dr. Robert B. Nay is devoted to transforming smiles and renewing confidence - his goal is to provide the best possible care and an enjoyable experience while creating a timeless smile that you will wear proudly! His introduction to dentistry began abruptly when he lost a majority of his two front teeth in a bicycle accident. Guess what he requested for Christmas that year? As a tween, he began orthodontic treatment to correct overcrowding and misaligned or crooked teeth. It was then that he developed a passion for the mechanics of orthodontics as he witnessed how the braces, wires, and elastics worked together to transform his tooth alignment and bite, which then simplified the process of brushing and flossing. Having gone through extensive orthodontic treatment himself as a patient and now as a parent, he understands the process from the patient, parent and doctor standpoint.
- Dr. Nay attended Washington & Jefferson College, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a minor in Biology. He was a member of Beta Theta Pi social fraternity and the Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity, while also playing varsity baseball.
- He furthered his education at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, graduating in the top of his dental class while receiving his Doctorate of Dental Medicine in 2001. Dr. Nay was awarded the prestigious Dean’s Scholarship, as well as a Health Professions Scholarship from the United States Army. He served as President of the Student Research Group and received an American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons grant for his research, while serving as an ambassador to the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD.
- Dr. Nay remained at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine to complete his 3-year post-doctorate certification in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics in 2004. Always eager to teach, he mentored dental students in learning and administering basic orthodontic treatment.
Service to Our Country
Dr. Nay served as a Major in the United States Army and was stationed in both San Antonio, Texas and Stuttgart, Germany from 2004 until 2007. He provided comprehensive and limited orthodontic treatment to over 250 soldiers and their family members of the Stuttgart military community and the NATO school in Garmisch. For his meritorious service to our country, he was awarded the Army Achievement Medal.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society
- North Carolina-South Carolina Damon Study Club
On a Personal Note…
Dr. Nay is a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and a die-hard Steelers Fan. Yes, he loves Pramanti Brothers, owns a Terrible Towel and has referred to others as "Yins". He grew up playing baseball, basketball, and football all the way into high school. Considered by many to be ESPN’s #1 fan, he continues to be active with sporting events and coaches youth soccer and basketball. Having an eclectic taste in music, he enjoys listening to bluegrass and reggae music, but his favorite will always be U2. His love of travel resulted in many amazing experiences through multiple backpacking journeys abroad and living in Germany. Morrisville's tradition of respect for diversity, celebration of unique cultures and award-winning schools are some of the many reasons that lead Dr. Nay to choose this location for his orthodontic practice.
In his spare time, Dr. Nay and his wife of 13 years, Lisa, keep active by venturing out with their three young children – Von, Sullivan, and Jelena – creating new experiences and memories for them, whether it be visiting the beach or a museum to picking strawberries from the local farm. While sports keep the family busy, extravagant tea parties with his daughter are never forgotten. Dr. Nay and his family frequent the variety of delicious cuisines and community events that Morrisville has to offer with the East Meets West Festival being one of their favorites.